Our Historic Waco Office
1902 Austin Avenue
Waco, TX 76701
(254) 296-1165 Fax
The Waco office of Erin B. Shank, P.C. is located at 1902 Austin Avenue in downtown Waco, Texas. It is located in a historic home that was built in 1905. Erin and her husband purchased it in 2008 and have completely restored it. When the Shanks purchased the home it was in terrible shape – it had no floors, no toilets, no air conditioning….and all of the original woodwork had been painted white. Erin and her husband, with help from several clients, spent many, many weekends renovating the home so that it could be converted to the Waco law office location. That renovation is complete and Keep Waco Beautiful has recently featured it as “Business of the Month”.
The home was originally built by the Colgin Family of Waco. Mr. Colgin was a local pharmacist. He had three sons and two of them operated the “Colgin Women’s Maternity Hospital” which operated in downtown Waco in the 1930’s. Erin has an original picture of these brothers in that hospital. The hospital is no longer in business, but Erin has met their granddaughter who still lives in Waco.
The historic home offers and warm and inviting place to consult with an attorney and learn about debt relief options. The Shanks have tried to keep much of the history of the home in place. In fact, the hitching posts where visitors once tied their horses and carriages are still present, as is the original carriage house! The Shanks have installed a kitchen upstairs and clients can frequently smell a stew or chili simmering for lunch. Both original fireplaces downstairs have been renovated and warm up the home on a cold winter day.
Come by to see our piece of local Waco history and meet Erin & our Waco paralegals!